Thursday, June 26, 2008

A New Church Home.

As if things couldn't get any more trying over these past couple of weeks, we decided to leave our church and find a new one.

It has been difficult, though I must say my heart aches more for Shelby. We didn't change much, just the WHERE. We had no idea our new church was even there and found it after looking the day after we left our old one. I think it is actually closer to our house, but they are pretty much the same distance. We just needed a more conservative view for us and the kids. I think we have found it. One thing I do know for sure is that I have had complete peace about all of it. I truly believe we did the right thing and feel it was just time for us to move on. I am enjoying the fact that we are no longer the largest family there, in fact, we are probably the 3rd, maybe 4th, I still don't know for sure yet. There are other homeschoolers and the pastor is friendly and preaches a strong message. I brethe a sigh of relief as we go to church now and am so thankful that there was actually another IFB close by, I don't know what we would have done if there wasn't. God took care of things though and it all worked out well. We had a nice talk with the pastor last night and we will go forward to join the next service Mike gets to go to (remember, he is a shift-worker and doesn't make it to every one), which I believe is next Wednesday night. Here is our website if any one is curious: www.southwestbaptistchurch.info/page.cfm?id=8

So, the potluck is at our new church and it turns out that since they just built it, there is no fellowship hall yet. I was going to make a few refrigerated things, fruit salad and jello dessert, but due to the lack of refrigeration I am switching to corn casserole and a cake. I have two corn casserole recipes that I am trying to decide on and am making them both this week to try them out. Unfortunately, I had to make an extra trip to the grocery store, but sometimes those things happen. Also, I didn't know that the church is providing the meat, so I have an extra Chicken Enchilada Casserole that I can make for us soon. I have already deviated from my menu, as I usually do (we had the meatball subs last night), but I'll just adjust as we go along. I am still sticking to my main goal of not eating out, which is much more important to me.

No comments: