Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Sad Day at the Coleman House.

Well, we had to get rid of sweet Shelby. She was a very good dog, but just couldn't get along with Bucky (our little Chihuahua mix). I thought that since I picked a more calm type of breed and a female that she would get along with him. Sadly she decided last Friday that she had to try and kill Bucky, so she went to the pound after two very troubling attacks. I physically couldn't do anything about it, so I knew right away we couldn't keep her.
Happily, after a full weekend at the vet, Bucky is doing just fine. Chipper and spunky and all stitched up, he is seemly missing Shelby, but is happy to be home and doing better than I would have expected.
In light of this incident though, we will not be getting any more dogs until Bucky is gone. I believe he is teaching other dogs to be mean and vicious. Unknowingly, he was brought up in a home where he was not socialized properly, so by the time he came to live with us he was already this way.
We all miss Shelby deeply and wish this didn't happen, I hope and pray she was able to find a good home. It's all in God's hands.

1 comment:

Sarah D. said...

We had to get rid of our little 'Tink' and it was hard, even though I knew it was the right thing to do!