Monday, May 12, 2008

My Dream Home

Ok, so maybe it's not, but it sure is pretty. Anyway, years ago, Mike and I looked at a house we really liked and ever since then we drive by it on occasion. Well, Saturday we just happened to be at my Dad's in Kermit and just happened to buy a paper and guess what's for sale? Yep, and it is very reasonably priced, which isn't uncommon in Kermit. Will we move, probably not. Mike having to drive a little over an hour each way just isn't going to cut it. It sure is nice to dream about though. I love the yard and the space the house has, but the house we have now is more than sufficient for us, so no complaints here. I have prayed about it and if something doesn't happen within this next week then I'll know that we are meant to stay here. It really is hard to live in Kermit with small children anyway, since we have to drive to Odessa for practically everything. I'm just going to keep praying and seeking God's will on this and also do what Mike wants to do too.

So, our mother-daughter dinner was cancelled Friday night. One of the daughters went in to have her tonsils removed so they changed it to a tea on Sunday afternoon. I did go to the tea and won a nice candle for having the most kids. Surprisingly, I was also the youngest mom there, which hasn't happened in years, due to everyone not being able to be there because of the re-schedule. We had a nice time while the boys sat up front with Mike. There were lots of testimonies and a nice devotional too.

Friday night we ended up going and watching Mike, my Dad, and my Uncle Gary race their "hot rods." Mike and Gary raced their newer Mustang and Cadillac while my Dad raced a true made for the track kind of race car. The kids enjoyed it, but we didn't stay too much past 9 pm. I was glad to spend some time with my Aunt Barbara. We drove her home while the guys finished racing and I finally got to see the condo she recently bought in Odessa.

Saturday afternoon we all went to Kermit for BBQ at my Dads and I got to visit with Aunt Barbara a bit more and the kids got to swim in Pawpaw and Nana's pool. They had a great time, as they always do there. They love to swim and even though it's a drive, they love going to Kermit too.

We were tired after Friday and Saturday and so they were a little grouchy Sunday. I am going to let the kids sleep in this morning just because they have played so hard these past couple of weeks, but after that we are going to dig right in and finish these last two weeks of school.

No comments: