Friday, May 9, 2008

We're Home!

Well, the Grand Canyon was quite a drive to get to. We all enjoyed it though. I know it's kind of a big oversite, but I didn't think about the climate being so different. Fortunately, I had packed cool and warm clothes for us and we had a washer/dryer close by. The mountain altitude made it difficult for me to breathe at times due to pregnancy, but I did just fine.

We started by taking the Grand Canyon Express (train) from Williams, AZ to Grand Canyon. We stayed for the three hour layover and took pictures and ate lunch. I'll get some of those on here soon, I haven't had time to put them into the computer yet. When we got back to Williams we were surprised to find it was a meeting place for restored vintage automobiles. Ryan especially enjoyed seeing all of the beautifully restored vehicles.

The rest of the stay in Flagstaff we enjoyed doing different things. We saw a wild west show in Sedona and watched the Grand Canyon IMAX movie, which was really a treat for the kids since we don't go to the movies pretty much at all. This was their second time to go to an actual theater and their second IMAX too.

On our way back, I have to add, we stopped at the International UFO Museum in Roswell, NM. How creepy! Haha! It was fun to look at and the kids got an alien lolli pop on the way out. It was mostly stuff to read on the walls and they even had a research museum. We spent a good 20 minutes at the museum, lol!

So, anyway, we are all glad to be home. Mike said he thinks people leave home every once in a while so they can remember how much they appreciate it. Boy, I sure do. I enjoy just about everything around where we live. The people, the climate, our house, our city, etc. I could go on forever, especially after such a long trip.

Tonight at church is our mother-daughter dinner and I'm glad to go and enjoy my family and our church. Even though we weren't gone long I miss everyone and will be glad to see them all. My Aunt Barbara is here visiting from Houston and I will hopefully get to spend some time with her. Mike is going to take the boys to the races tonight while the girls and I are at church and I believe she is going too, so at least they will get to see her.

No word from Dawn yet, so hopefully I'll still have a sonogram on Monday!!!! I'll keep you all updated.

No comments: