Thursday, April 17, 2008

Belt Test Day.

Today is a belt test day for Jacob. He has worked very hard and he will be testing tonight for his red belt with a black stripe. Jenna is now an orange belt. I sure hope to get this camera working soon, I would love to post a picture of it. For anyone who may not know, Jacob and Jenna are taking Aiki-do classes. We do not practice the humming and meditation type martial arts (like Karate and Tai-chu). They just go to learn self defense, as Aiki-do is taught to defend against attacks only. They are not taught any attack moves.

I saw the evidence of how this works at a birthday party a couple of weeks ago. Jacob was playing at the park with some kids we didn't know that were about his age. One of them threatened him and Jacob had absolutely no fear. He just looked at the kid and was waiting for him to attack, lol. I was glad that he didn't have to worry about the bully. I am still amazed at how calm and how well Jacob handled the situation.

I also wanted to tell everyone who hasn't seen Jacob lately about his experience Sunday at church. He was eating a cookie (we have been having a potluck every Sunday this month for our missions conference) and told me it had a rock in it. I told him to go spit it out in the trash quietly. A few minutes later he came back and showed me that he had realized that it wasn't a rock, but one of his front two teeth. He was so excited! Then on the way home his other front tooth was so loose that he easily pulled it out too. So now we have a very toothless Jacob. It took me a short time to get used to looking at him, but of course, I did. His new teeth are already growing in.

I have been getting everything ready for our day in Lubbock, so I don't know if I'll have time to type in the morning. We don't intend to stay overnight, so it's going to be a short trip.

School is going well and it looks like now we may even finish a few days early. I am ready for summer break. I am also looking forward to our new school stuff for next year arriving as I ordered it a couple of days ago.

No comments: