Monday, April 21, 2008

Busy, Busy Monday

Yesterday was a wonderful day at church. We had visiting missionary W.A. Park (Mexico) and I must say that he was really a blessing to our whole family. Sometimes it really feels like we are alone in many of our more traditional beliefs and even some things that aren't so traditional, but we know now that we are not alone in our struggle. It was really refreshing to find someone who loves their children like we do and treats them not as liabilities, but as family pillars that have been given to us by God himself. Raising children has never been something we take light of and we feel that it is one of our most important duties as Christian parents. Many people fail to realize, or just don't care to realize, that what we raise our children up to do today will be how our society, churches, communities, families will be tomorrow. I could go on about this forever, but I'll just end this paragraph with renewed hope in the strength of the family unit, purposely moving away from the 20th century ingrained public-school-taught hyper-individulism and secular humanism.

On a different note, today is a regular check up with my midwife, Dawn. I can't remember what time she said my appointment will be, but that's okay since I don't have plans to go anywhere today, just lots of school work and house work for me. Hopefully she has set up a sonogram date for right after Mother's Day next month. I am curious to know if we are having a boy or a girl. Ryan is convinced it's a boy and told everyone at church that yesterday, haha! I wanted to try a water birth this time, but Dawn said it's not ideal for me because I have babies too quickly. That's okay, I'm just happy I don't have to have the baby in a needle infested hospital where they take him away from me directly afterhe's born and then encourage me to give him formula, ICK! I'll be writing about the sonogram after we have it.

Shelby does have to go to the vet, but Mike is going to take her because everytime we put her harness on her she falls to the floor like a blob of jello. Last time the vet actually had to come to the van and carry her into the office. She weighs 50 pounds or so now and that's way to much for me to carry.

No comments: